Advanced Inventory Management: Increase Profitability While Optimizing Inventory and Reducing Overhead
Every distributor wants to optimize their inventory so they can reduce their overhead and stop wasting money. However, getting what you want can be a challenge —one you shouldn’t face alone. You want to advance your business, accelerate your profits, and move your entire organization forward and Advanced Distribution Software can help.
Who You Are:
You are a medium to large scale distributor in the Electrical Goods, Industrial Supply, Equipment, or Motor Vehicles and Automotive Parts & Supply sector who is looking to get more out of your operation.
What You’re Facing:
- Customers That Demand More
- Increased Competition
- Supply Chain Complexity
- Consolidation Concerns
Your Operational Challenges:
- Decreased demand, pricing strategies, and effective margins
- Delivering real-time, actionable information to employees, suppliers, and customers
- Building brand loyalty and customer satisfaction
Advanced Inventory Management Software
Inventory, it can make or break your business. If you don’t have the right items in stock at the right prices, globalization dictates that your clients can easily look elsewhere. If you let stock sit idly by, it consumes precious warehouse space and costs you money every minute of every day. Optimizing your inventory levels is a balancing act, and it can be easy to let things fall. And if inventory is the basis of your business, can you afford for it to be out of control?
Not if you want to succeed. You need something, something advanced, something developed by a team of industry experts with only your needs in mind. You need Advanced Inventory Management.
What Challenges Your Inventory Management Process:
- Accurate inventory levels
- The high cost of obsolete inventory
- Stock allocation for customers with service level agreements of varying degrees
- Managing, identifying and tracking storage of your vendor supplied inventory
What You Need:
- Effective, Accurate Pricing
- Optimized Inventory Levels
- Obsolete Inventory Tracking and Management
- Shipping and Receiving Calendars
- Vendor Managed Inventory Features
- Protected Stock & Allocations
- Lost Sales Tracking
- Satisfied, Returning Customers
What You Get with Advanced Inventory Management
Satisfy Your Customers and Solidify Your Competitive Advantage
Customers, you often need them more than they need you. You have to keep them satisfied if you want to retain a competitive advantage and today’s customers are exceedingly demanding. They expect more flexible pricing and billing, and items to be in stock and delivered quickly every time. With Advanced Inventory Management you can surpass their expectations without incurring additional overhead through:
- Using the protected and reserve stock allocation functions to allocate customer stock by hierarchy, region, fixed amount and percentage
- Optimizing stock visibility into alternate items with the stock availability wizard, ship complete functionality, shipping and receiving calendars, advanced B/O management, product substitution/up-sell/down-sell, to ensure maximum order line fill and single call customer satisfaction
- Using the advanced search, advanced order entry, and customer part number search function to match stock and location and optimize shipping times for customer reorders
- Providing accurate information every time through a centralized, real-time shipping and receiving calendar that allows you to anticipate inventory receipts and depletion
Optimized Inventory, Reduced Overhead, Better Business:
Controlling your inventory is about more than just knowing what you have and where you have it. You need to build better relationships with your vendors to reduce your inventory carrying costs, while at the same time meeting your customer demands. You need a system for managing your inventory across multiple locations in order to maximize shipping lead times, reduce redundancies and fill your orders faster. With Advanced Inventory Management you will:
- Maintain complete visibility of your vendor managed inventory – including identification, tracking and pricing, so you can minimize your storage requirements and reduce liability
- Avoid costly dead stock obsolescence by tracking replacement inventory, substitutions, and up-sell and down-sell options through targeted functions, which reduces administrative time and improves accuracy
- Meet lot traceability requirements and support compliance requirements with confidence
- Trust your inventory accuracy with real-time tracking using our stock availability wizard, vendor performance reporting, and duplicate order checking
- Optimize warehouse space with flexible bin, restocking and put-away management using our shipping and receiving calendar, obsolete inventory functionality, and depletion management
Advanced Inventory Management contains all the functions you need to take back control of your inventory and ensure you’re maximizing warehouse space, reducing overhead and satisfying customers. It’s time to stop making excuses and start scaring the competition by turning your distribution business into an effective, efficient and optimized inventory organization.
Agile and Feature Rich, Powered by Microsoft Dynamics AX
Fully integrated and embedded in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012, Advanced Inventory Management is available as a standalone solution or part of Advanced Distribution Software.
Developed by a team of industry experts at I.B.I.S., Inc., Advanced Inventory Management was designed to specifically address the challenges faced by distributors just like you.
What’s In It For You
|Protected Stock and Allocations||Build tighter relationships with your best customers by ensuring the stock they count on is available when they need it (based on quantity or percentage) by assigning a hierarchical log ID that prioritizes your most important customers.|
|Obsolete Inventory Management||Identify and liquidate obsolete inventory to save warehouse space for revenue producing stock at order entry (special offers) or as special sales lots.|
|Vendor Managed Inventory||Vendors manage their inventory in your warehouse until you need it, which improves replenishment lead time and reduces inventory carrying costs to support automated processes.|
|Vendor Performance||Monitor the fulfillment practices of your vendors to build stronger relationships with dependable vendors and replace poor performers.|
|Customer Part Number||Simplify receiving for customers and support direct fulfillment by incorporating their part numbers into the order process to improve the speed and accuracy of your Order Entry functions as well as your customers’ experience.|
|Landed Cost||Allocate true costs to each inventory item to accurately measure profitability, compare apples to apples when calculating product costs and sourcing.|
|Shipping and Receiving Calendar||Keep everyone informed of incoming and outgoing shipments to provide consistent, accurate answers to all customer inquiries.|
|Trade Services Price Updates||Easily and effectively update your vendor costs while saving time and avoiding costly errors.|
|Lost Sales Tracking||Record lost sales orders with relevant information to assist you in building new forecasts and negotiating new business opportunities with customers and vendors.|
|Key Performance Indicators||Monitor your most valuable metrics so you can make adjustments and foresee possible issues before they become problems.|
Inventory drives your business, and without proper care and control it will have a negative impact on your bottom line. Between costly overhead, dead stock and increased competition, you can’t stand idly by and let your inventory challenges dictate your business. Drive higher margins, improve customer satisfaction and run a more lean business with Advanced Inventory Management.
Let the skilled team at I.B.I.S. show you how to get the most out of your operation with Advanced Inventory Management and Advanced Distribution Software.
To download the Advanced Inventory Management brochure, please click here.